Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Learn to Play Again!

When I was writing Fantastic After 40, I had just given myself permission to “play” again. I had spent way too many years driving my sons to athletic practices and competitions then sitting on the bench when I needed to get active myself. When I restarted my active lifestyle, I first went back to all the things I had loved as a girl: dance, swimming, diving, biking, hiking, skating and walking. I also took up a few new sports: kayaking, jet skiing, and tennis.







What is something you have always loved? Go do it again! What is something you have always wanted to try? Go for it! I made a deal with one of my mentees who was a tennis pr. I said, “I will teach you how to be a strong woman leader if you teach me how to play tennis.” It was a great trade! Recently, I reconnected with my college pal, Debbie Douglass and we teamed to host an all women’s kayak trip in Alaska. We hosted 2 back to back weeks last year and we have a few spots left for this year’s May 29-June 2, 2011. I would love to have you come “play” in America’s last frontier! For more info on how you can join us, go to: http://love-wise.com/alaska2011

No comments:

Post a Comment